- Click here to meet all our 2019 Avon Democratic municipal candidates.
- Please donate to help elect our 2019 Municipal Slate.
Wendy Tangman has 38 years of experience as a finance manager at global firms in 12 cities and two countries. She managed a $400 million portfolio and established the London Treasury Headquarters for Electric Data Systems (EDS). In addition to her project and cash management experience, she also managed health benefit operations for United Airlines. A resident of Avon for two years, Wendy’s family includes her nephew, Dan Polhamus, who is running for Avon Town Council, his wife Jaime, their two children Solei and Soraya, and her cat, Little Girl.
Why I’m Running
As your representative on the Board of Finance, I want to have influence on how the town’s projects are determined and financed to attract more residents and make Avon the city of choice to live in.
- I will work to ensure that the funds available for Avon are distributed to projects that make Avon a better place to live.
- I believe that Avon needs an Economic Council to guide growth in our town, and I will work diligently on the formation and guidance of this council.
- We need to be strategic with long-range vision to keep Avon prosperous particularly in light of state financial challenges.
Learn more about my fellow candidates! Click a name to see how our 15 candidates will bring transparency, balance, and Democratic values to our town.
Approved by and paid for by Avon Dems 2019 Municipal Slate Committee, Joanne Beers, Treasurer.